Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Man with a Van

uno_1024

Int. night. Drab cocktail party.
Two men in attendance are left alone while their wives “go to the toilet”.


So what do you do?

Oh, I’m a “Man with a Van”!

Interesting…are you kept busy these days?

You could say that, I’m run off my feet! Some days I’ll do 7 or 8 runs for the same person!

Really? That’s a right little money-spinner. So what do you drive to haul all the stuff around in?

It’s a Fiat Uno.

Sorry?

Yes, you know the Uno, the small, nippy, but not very powerful car? Well they’ve only gone and made it into a van!

Oh

Yes, you can fit all sorts of stuff in there; stationary, 1 chair, half of a bike. It turns out that all you need to own a van as opposed to a car is a massive blind spot! Some days I’m reversing out of my drive, and I can’t see a fucking thing!
Basically it all boils down to van drivers being ignorant pricks, and the blocked up windows are sort of, you know, a metaphor for that really, so it doesn’t matter how big or small your vehicle is once you can’t see who or what’s behind you, and don’t care, you’re as good as qualified!

Oh, ok.

2 comments:

Kaali said...

Wow! wonderful sense of humor. Can I borrow some? Great posts. Have subscribed to the new posts and will be looking forward to the next adventure of the Stupidmind;))

mystupidbrain said...

Cheers Kaali!